2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
2.1 When you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. When you are ordering from us, you will need to provide some personal information so that we are able to deliver your order to you, identify you when you contact customer services and where you have given your consent to market to you, such as but not limited to; name, contact details, date of birth, gender, nationality, bank account and payment information, billing address, any other information about the User when the User signs up to use our Services or website, and when the User uses the Services or website, as well as information related to how the User uses our Services or website.
2.2 Setting Up An Account
When you set up a user account with us, you will or have provided us with your personal data.
Such personal data may include your full name, email address, a username that you select, telephone number, shipping address, bank account details, age, date of birth, gender, nationality, and address. Upon activating an account, you will select a username and password. Your user name and password will be used so you can securely access and maintain your account. We will be processing your personal data for the following purposes:-
• evaluating your application to be our member; and
• provision of subsequent services such as administer the membership programme and benefits such as extended warranty and customer service, collection of payment from you and issuance of customer vouchers.
2.3 Website and Portal
When you register for an account or use the services provided through our electronic portal such as www.decorative.com.my (“Portal”), we will be processing your personal data such as your name, email address, contact details, billing information and demographic information such as your gender and date of birth. We will process your personal data for the following purposes:-
• to register an account with us;
• to process your orders and order fulfillment; and
• to provide a more personalized experience on our Portal. We may correct or supplement your address information with standardized postal representation in order to ensure that your orders are delivered. We do this since we want to make sure that our members receive the order and to lower costs associated with our program. When you visit our Portal, we automatically log your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and your access times. We utilize this information to conduct site performance evaluations, to see where visitors are coming from and to keep track of clickstream data (the screens our users visit on our site). This data helps us to determine what content our members find most appealing so that we can maximize your enjoyment of the site Portal. Log files are not tied to personally identifiable information. Your demographic information (gender, date of birth, etc.) will be used for several security purposes, to ensure you are who you say you are and in fact you are paying with your credit cards and not someone using your stolen credit cards. From time to time we may send out messages alerting you that products are available, to remind you about providing feedback or for promotional offers. In addition, you will receive communication from us:
i) if you contact us for a particular reason; or
ii) to receive your order.
Administrative emails will not contain promotional materials. If you choose to receive our newsletters, they will contain promotional materials from our Portal. We may use session cookies to provide a seamless experience on the site Portal and to combine with our log files so that we can understand our site traffic and analyze our demographic information in aggregate form. Cookies are pieces of information that your browser stores on your computer hard drive, which identifies you when you enter the Portal. The ability to select samples on our Portal is not cookie-driven. If you have set your browser to reject cookies, our site Portal will not identify you when you enter and you will need to manually type in your ID and password. We may also collect information about you in connection with social networking sites. When you interact with our social networking pages such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, we may collect personal data such as your name, nickname and comments. We may use the information we collected about you for the purposes listed below:
• for fulfillment purposes;
• for research, statiscal, data matching and product development; and
• to communicate with you for all above purposes.